Friday, October 12, 2012

Because I don't know how to have a normal check-up

You might remember the last time I went for a smear appointment.  Yeah, I said it; smear.
It was unusual, to say the least.  (Catch up here.)


Well, I went again a couple of weeks ago, and it's like this appointment was competing with my last appointment to be the most unusual appointment...and the latest appointment won.  Believe it.

You see, I went in for a smear...

...and informed the nurse that although it was extremely unlikely -- due to a history of infertility and me having just weaned my baby and rejoined the ovulating ranks -- maybe we should do a pregnancy test before doing the smear since things were a tad irregular...and since my pregnancies are deemed "at risk" and I'm paranoid.

The nurse happily obliged.  Really happily.  She invited me to wait back in the room after carrying off my "sample."
She came back in bouncing, beaming, and clutching a plastic test.

With two solid lines.

So I didn't get a smear.

I did get a "Your Pregnancy" booklet for the third time, and 15 emotional minutes with a nurse who was no doubt just as thrilled as I was that our appointment had taken a radical turn from its former agenda.



Multiple-Crux-age: 
  • Baby 3 = due before winter, next year.
  • I cried with a woman I've never met -- filled with elation and disbelief.
  • We waited almost 7 years for Esky.  Ivy and thirdee have boxed their way in after...a month's wait?  Yup.

31 comments:

LatteJunkie said...

Congrats :D :D eeeee!!!

Nicole said...

Oh Angela. I am so overjoyed for you and Haki! How wonderful. Congratulations, such wonderful wonderful news. Goosebumps. XXX

Ana said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jasmine said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Whooooooooooooo Hooooooooo! That is the most awesomest thing ever!!! Congratulations to you and Haki and the Girls! How very very exciting! Love ya lots xoxoxox

Stella Rutherford said...

Okay, clearly I am a ridiculously emotional person, but I literally cried with happiness when I read that! Congratulations Angela, Haki, Esky and Ivy! Lucky baby no. 3, to be joining such a gorgeous family xx

clare said...

SO much better than the last smear appt!!!
Seriously ~ congratulations!!! xoxo

Jamie said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news.

Lisa said...

Woooooo!!! So happy for you!!!

Sherry said...

Oh Ange! I'm crying! Literally. Both because I'm overwhelmingly happy for you, and because my hormones are not even close to normal right now.

The Dad said...

This is really GREAT news! I think you can now assume the your history of infertility is exactly that - HISTORY. I know you already have a boy name reserved, so I for one will be praying for male-child[ren]. Hey, wouldn't identical twin boys be really super?

Anna said...

Angela - this is so exciting! Congratulations to all of you!!! Can we have more details...like how many weeks are you? Out of the 1st trimester now? And was this appointment recent, and you got through the entire first trimester without being sick and/or noticing, or was this a while ago? And, how have you been feeling? Hope it hasn't been too rough with two little ones to chase after as well.

We're just a few weeks ahead of you so excited to be on this journey with you, #1 for us is due Feb.

Yay yay yay!

Janssen said...

Oh my heavens! What news!!!!!! I am so so excited for you guys.

Anne said...

Congratulations!

Rachel said...

That is easily the best smear story I have ever heard. Fantastic news.

Meghan at MNM's said...

Wahoo...that is so cool! I was not expecting that news....what an amazing journey this has been for you all!

tartankiwi said...

Congratulations!! Such exciting news!

kyz said...

:-D

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Well, that has to be the best smear result EVER! Congratulations, hope you are feeling well. Mmmm, delicious newborn smell.

Brittany said...

Yeah!!! Let's hope this one is just as full of chub! Congrats!!!!!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Omigoodness! You're extreme! Congrats to you all and yay for us cos you make cute babes ;) although this is not going to help my extreme cluckiness AT ALL. Hrmmm.

X

Sophie Slim said...

WHOAWHOAWHOA!!! ANGELA!! CONGRAULTIONS!!! THAT IS SOOO EXCITINGGG!!! YIPEEEE!!!



Good checking! Oh my goodness!!!

xxxxx

Kristin said...

Holy smokes that's amazing! Congratulations!!

BigLittle said...

Congratulations! I have been reading for a while but haven't left any comments so far... I couldn't go past wishing you all the best. Lisa x

Jenny Young said...

OH WOW! SO exciting ...

P.S. I may be writing a similar (yet different) blog post soon - how cryptic am I?

Katie said...

Woo hoo - congrats! Take care :-)

Kate F said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!! Although I have to say I knew it! It was my infertility radar after your last email! So so happy for you all!! I'm off for a smear in a few weeks, I hope I get the same result!! xo

Audrey said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I'm so excited for your beautiful family :)

HamiltonMum said...

Oh! Congratulations!

improveshionist said...

My comment got eaten somehow.... but a big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family!

Elizabeth said...

WAHOO - another cutie to drool over as you share pics!!!!!!!!

SO exciting / excited for you!!!!

Widge said...

BOOM! there it is :)
Congratulations pretty family

Related Posts with Thumbnails