Monday, June 26, 2017

"I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last person left on this planet."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13138635-these-broken-stars
These Broken Stars, Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
"I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last person left on this planet."  But another planet?  *eyebrow raise*

That's the premise.  I dove in.

It is overdone and obvious, and yet I stuck with it because it was clear I was in for a 180 in the love department.  And guess what!  The answer to "But another planet?" + *eyebrow raise* is:
"YES, goodness yes, then I will love you forever!"

I was disappointed the narrative voices weren't more different and that the dialogue and relationship always felt a little off.

BUT...this really picked up at the end!  It started to have LOTS in common with Spinning Starlight and a little with Orson Scott Card, in a most delightful way.

NB: Sex is alluded to but not described.  There's lots of sleeping next to each other.




Related Posts with Thumbnails